- 50 year old animation director born in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- Worked as a storyboard artist for Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, and Mulan.
- Best known for his works on Disney’s Lilo & Stitch (where in addition to directing he was the voice for Stitch), as well as DreamWorks’ How To Train Your Dragon.
- In addition to co-directing and co-writing The Croods, two sequels, How To Train Your Dragon 2 and How To Train Your Dragon 3, as in the works for 2014 and 2016 releases, respectively.
Kirk De Micco
- Animation Screewriter and Director best known for his works in writing for Here Comes Peter Cottontail: The Movie, Casper’s Scare School, and for directing the movie Space Chimps.
- In addition to The Croods, he also co-wrote the script for the upcoming live-action animated film Hong Kong Phooey, which will star Eddie Murphy.
- The film is set in the prehistoric era as a prehistoric comedy adventure that follows the world’s first family as they embark on a journey of a lifetime when the cave that has always shielded them from danger is destroyed.
- A man named Grug (Nicholas Cage)’s position as a “Leader of the Hunt” is threatened by the arrival of a prehistoric genius, Guy (Played by Ryan Reynolds), who comes up with revolutionary new inventions like fire. Eep (Emma Stone) plays Grug’s daughter and is an adventurous teen.
- The film will also star Catherine Keener, Clark Duke, and Cloris Leachman, as well as featuring Chris Sanders as voicing one of the characters himself.
- Production of the film has been lengthy, as it was originally announced to begin in 2005 under the title Crood Awakenings. Sanders first arrived at Dreamworks after leaving Disney in 2007 and assumed the directing roles of the film, but the film was put on hold while Sanders worked on the How To Train Your Dragon film. Finally the film was given a co-director in 2009 and was expected to hit theaters in March 2012, but production time was again pushed back until this year.
- Critics have been pleasantly surprised by the film, citing a strong storyline. The movie premiered at the Berlin International Film Festival and has also been showcased at other festivals, and is expected to make a box office splash due to numerous positive reviews.
- The Film Debuts in Theaters everyone on March 22nd.
- A video game for Wii and Nintendo 3DS, The Croods: Prehistoric Party!, is set to be released on March 19th.
- In addition, a free mobile game titled The Croods will be released March 15th to help promote the movie by Rovio, the producers of the Angry Birds franchise.